Stan de SD

Default Starbucks Obstructing First Union Vote

"Dan Clore" > wrote in message
> Stan de SD wrote:
> > "Wm James" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Hey, here's an idea.... DON'T WORK THERE! If it's a bad job, sell
> >>your labor elsewhere! I know that's a difficult concept for morons to
> >>grasp, but if you can't find a sucker willing to pay you better then
> >>just mayby you arealready overpaid and you should be happy to get it.

> > Dan and his fellow commie-totalitarians aren't into choice,

> Odd, but I and my fellow anarchists aren't the one arguing
> that workers should not be allowed the choice of joining a
> union.

Notice that I never said that workers didn't have the right to join a union.
However, you would deny the right of business owners to lock out a union if
they chose to do so. If one party has the right to take such action, so does
the other - a point you conveniently choose to ignore.

> > because people
> > who are allowed to make their own economic decisions might tell him to

go
> > screw himself.

> Fine with me if they do, just as it's fine if they tell you
> guys to go screw yourselves if they want to join a union.

Who is "you guys"?

> >>You can make or join whatever private club you want. In a free
> >>society, the employer shouldn't have to associate with it. What if the
> >>bread makers union wanted to force you to pay more for bread and
> >>demanded that you couldn't stop buying it or shop elsewhere?

> > Again, you're making that "free markets, free choices" argument to a guy

who
> > thinks that Castro's Cuba is the ideal economic model...

> A typical lie from Stain. I consider Castro's Cuba is a
> typical state-capitalist totalitarian hellhole.

A typical lie from Clore - calling a communist society "capitalist" to avoid
the fact that communism was responsible for its failure... :O|