Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default Cooking Squash in the oven

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 10:08:39 -0500, "limey" > wrote:

>"Pat Wang" wrote in message
>
>> Has anyone tried cooking buttercup squash in the oven? I've heard you can
>> just cut it in half, scoop out the seeds and then put it cut side down on

>> cookie sheet. Does anyone know how long to cook it for and what temp?
>> Cindy

With any kind of winter squash, I usually fine a way it sits stably,
and then cut a cap out of the top. Scoop out the seeds, sprinkle salt
and maybe aleppo pepper inside, pile in peeled garlic clove, perhaps a
hot pepper split, and some olive oil. Put the plug back in and bake it
at 400 until it is soft when stabbed.

Or I might chop up some smoked bacon in it.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC

Let's Put the XXX back in Xmas