Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Restaurant chains want to kill this guy

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 19:45:39 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

> Meghan wrote:
>
> > The only thing I have gotten at a restaurant that I have wanted to make at
> > home was the corn cake I got at El Torito. It happened to be the only few
> > bites I liked from the whole dinner, so I have no plans to ever return to
> > the restaurant.

> One of my coworkers mentioned El Torito the other day, and brought up the
> fact that they're damn expensive for the mediocre food they serve. I'm in
> full agreement with that. I don't mind paying good money for good food, but
> El Torito's food just isn't good enough to justify their prices.

El Torito had pretty good food at mediocre to low prices back in the
day (and kids ate free). Unfortunately, it became a corporate
football and you never knew what to expect. We avoided it for years,
when we retried it a few years, it was improving. Sorry to hear
they've degraded it again.