Posted to rec.food.cooking
Julana Benaroon Julana Benaroon is offline

Default Restaurant chains want to kill this guy

dj wrote:

> Where I live if someone wants a recipe from a restaurant all they have to
> do is to write to the food editor of the local newspaper and have him ask
> the restaurant or chef for the recipe. Most restaurants are happy to
> oblige.

I don't know if you remember, but on Thanksgiving 2008 Jill ate a restaurant
meal which she *loved*, and she wanted to get the recipe. Problem was, the
dish she ate wasn't on the restaurant's normal menu, it was one of the
specials for that evening. So she tried asking the restaurant for the
recipe, and all she was told was that she should buy the restaurant's
cookbook. But of course the recipe for that one-night special dish wouldn't
*be* in the cookbook, so that advice was useless. She never did get the
recipe. (The recipe she was after was for a cream sauce with herbs, but she
wasn't able to tell which herbs had been used.)

Bob