Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Costco

"Nancy Young" wrote:
>Nad R wrote:
>
>> Yep, the local nurseries plants much better. I would never buy crappy
>> plants that are sold in many of the all in one stores. Nurseries often
>> guarantee the plants for year. Something Costco cannot do.

>I am positive that if you keep your receipt, Costco will refund the
>price if the plant dies. They cheerfully refund for everything else even
>when I think they shouldn't.

Most all the plant resellers give a one year gaurantee, just return
the dead plant with the receipt. Departmant stores will refund your
money but most stand alone plant resellers will return only half your
money. Naturally very few people bother to schlep back a $12 plant,
and even fewer save the receipt. And no one gaurantees plants eaten
by critters. People erroneously refer to many plant resellers as
nurseries, but they are not, they buy all their plants from nurseries
that actually grow plants. When the plants are all out of the ground
it is not a nursery... those are no more plant nurserys than butcher
shops are cattle ranches.