Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Costco

On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 10:57:14 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

> I second everything you mention and add the exemplary customer
> service.
>
> We just had an air conditioner fail and wanted to take it in for
> service, but could not find the receipt. We went to Costco to see if
> they could give us a copy. Instead, Costco told us to bring it back
> to them. They refunded our *full purchase price*. The unit was over 5
> years old and just out of warranty. We were very up front about the
> age of the thing, too, and they verified it with their own computer
> records.
>
> I love that place.

Fabulous, good for them! I wouldn't have tried to get satisfaction
from the manufacturer after 5 years. It seems like that sort of thing
is built into everything these days. If the warranty is one year, it
poops out at 13 months.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.