Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Frozen cooked lobster

Omelet > wrote:

>In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 21:26:53 -0500, Omelet >
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I can't justify it with just two people to shop for...

>> Share a membership with your sister! She has growing children who
>> will soon be eating her out of house and home!

>We've talked about it. ;-) Just need to coordinate going shopping
>together. There is a Sam's here in town but no Costco.

Don't know about Costco-- but Sams will give you a separate card for
your sister.

$40 between 2 families is easy to save if you like cheese, or buy name
brand convenience foods at all. I suspect a mad couponer could do
better most of the time-- but that's real work.

For me it is a combination of savings- quality- and convenience that
makes me fork over the $40 every year. The produce in our local
Sams [Latham NY] is excellent & inexpensive. I'm not impressed by
the meat dept-- except for the rotisserie chickens- $5 & they are
tasty and huge. I can't buy raw chicken so cheap. [even at Sams]

You can go shop as a guest to see what they have. I think they tack
on 5% or something if you buy stuff as a non-member.

Jim