Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Frozen cooked lobster

On 05/06/2011 8:31 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> Sometimes luv that's all that is available, or affordable.

> Not believable. I see frozen UNCOOKED/RAW lobster all the time...
> usually in the same freezer case next to the UNCOOKED/RAW shrimp, and
> other seafood. I don't remember ever seeing frozen cooked lobster,
> makes as much sense as freezing a cooked porterhouse.

I see it. There was frozen cooked lobster on sale at the grocery store
in town this week. Sometimes they cook a bunch of lobsters. Perhaps they
do so because some people like lobster but don't know how to cook it.
Perhaps it is because the lobsters were getting old in the tank, or they
had too many. Then if they don't sell them quickly they freeze them to
extend their shelf life.

Occasionally, like a week or two ago they had lots of canning lobsters
on sale cheap. I guess they had some left over because this week they
are frozen.