j2u5am8y

Default The ibrik question

Hi List

I preferr Turkish (Greek, Arabian) style of brewing.
I prepare coffee for many years and usually I satisfied
four times from five tries. Till now I used stainless
still ibrik (gezvah,finjan etc.)
Recently I had an opportunity to purchase a copper ibrik.
It's hand made from red copper, walls thickness about 1.5 mm,
wery nice shape, no tinning. The problem is that the coffee
I prepare in my new pot isn't tasty and almost has no aroma.
More than that, the new ibrik, even when it clean and dry,
has strong "metall" smell. I have three of them, different
sizes - all the same.
What the problem could be? Tinning? I sew tinned pots in
Turkey, but that was pretty ugly job and thin walls.

--
Semion