Posted to alt.food.wine
Ed Rasimus Ed Rasimus is offline

Default Corkage Fees

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 17:14:32 -0400, Mark Lipton >
wrote:

>On 6/3/11 5:07 PM, Ed Rasimus wrote:
>
>> Might be able to squeeze Galisteo Bistro in to the mix, but there is
>> also the mandatory visit to Tomasita's and I've only got four days of
>> gluttony available.
>>

>Ed,
> Another enthusiastic vote for Galisteo Bistro. We had a great meal
>there last year when in Santa Fe. I'm psyched to hear that Coyote Cafe
>is on the upswing as we've loved the cooking at Geronimo every time
>we've been there.
>
>Mark Lipton

I'm very amenable to suggestions. Particularly knowledgeable ones. I
looked at the Galisteo web page after the recommendation and
immediately cancelled plans for 315 Wine Bar and inked in Galisteo for
one nite.

I've loved Geronimo for years but last visit we did G and Coyote on
consecutive nights and found Geronimo to be a bit stilted and old
school with virtually nothing creative going on. Coyote, on the other
hand, had great wait-staff, a vibe of energy and some really neat now
things happening.

It isn't Mark Miller redux, as the lean seems to be in new wave
deconstructed (I had the deconstructed BLT with pork belly and
heirloom tomatoes for example). There's still a proper NM southwest
flavor about the place but it's different than Miller's signature.

Oh, and we had a very nice Pinot Noir with the BLT as SWMBO was
enjoying a red meat, buffalo or maybe elk, IIRC.