Posted to alt.food.wine
Mateusz Papiernik Mateusz Papiernik is offline

Default Corkage Fees

W dniu 2011-06-01 20:03, Earle Jones pisze:
> Most good restaurants derive a good bit of their revenue from wine sales
> and therefore charge a corkage fee for those customers who bring their
> own wine.

I wish our restaurants did the same. I asked once in a very high profile
restaurant here about a corkage fee, as I wanted a fine Bordeaux
accompanying the dinner for my family with no success. They never ever
heard of such a thing and insisted that "nowhere in the world" people
can bring their own alcohol to the restaurant. Well, sad.

--
Mateusz Papiernik
, http://www.maticomp.net