Posted to alt.food.wine
cwdjrxyz cwdjrxyz is offline

Default TN: Memorial Day - lots of wines

On May 31, 10:41*am, DaleW > wrote:
> 1976 Joseph Phelps Cabernet Sauvignon
> I opened several older CalCabs for the geeky crowd. Great looking cork, still showing well, light tannins remaining, cassis, earth. Nice length, very good wine. A-

I am glad to hear that this is holding well, as I still have a bottle.
I also have the 1976, the 1974 Insignia and the 1978 Insignia. I have
not tasted these in a long time, but they were holding well in the
past.

> 1974*Sonoma Vineyards "Alexander's Crown" Cabernet Sauvignon *
> Still life in this, but sweet almost candied fruit doesn't have as clean a profile as the Phelps. B

I still have a bottle of the 1976, but not the 1974. In the past I did
not like this wine as well as the Phelps, especially the Insignia.