Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Childrens food in LA schools.

On Sat, 28 May 2011 15:37:54 +0100, "john ryan"
> wrote:

>In the recent U.K. television series Jamie Oliver attempts to gain access to
>LA's schools kitchens, to help them rustle up some cost effective yet
>nutritious food for the children, as he did with the schools in the U.K.
>
>LA's school board seemed dead set against him making any headway with this
>project, and barred his participation.
>
>I can't understand the board's motivation. Why would take this line? Since
>you would think they would have the interests of the kids at heart, helping
>them with their diet.
>
>What could be their motivation in stopping this nutrition project, I wonder?

Most cooks know next to nothing about nutrition... Jamie Oliver can
hardly be called a cook, he's a TV personality, and quite boring. And
since when did the UK produce any cooks, they don't even have a
cuisine... fried fish w/potatoes and cucumber sammys ain't cuisine. Do
you really think the kids in LA are going to fress spotted dick?
Kids don't get fat on school lunches anyway, in fact the best way to
lose weight is on a diet solely of school lunches, most keds would
rather fast. Kids get fat from eating at home and at fast food
joints. Yoose want healthy kids, feed them two hours of forced
gymnasium every day. Yoose won't see any fatties hangin' at the
basketball courts.... the fatties are all indoors at their PC, ten
feet from the fridge, while watching Jamie Oliver trash.