Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Dunn disappointment

lleichtman wrote:
> Have been holding onto a bottle of Dunn Howell Mountain 1998 as drank
> the other two tannic monsters. Well the tannins resolved but the fruit
> had disappeared. What a bummer. Not sure when you are really supposed
> to drink these as the other two bottles were so huge and waited two
> more years for this one. Still have two 1999 Dunn HM and wondering
> when to drink them. Probably will go ahead.

Larry,
For the record, '98 was a vintage that was never overly fruity (in
comparison to '97 and '99) and I admit that that was much of its
attraction for me, as the Cabs from '98 had a much more savory quality
to them. That being said, I'm still holding off on my '94, '95 and '99
HM. A few years ago, I did open a '90 Napa that was just wonderful, so
I still have some hope.

Mark Lipton