Posted to rec.food.cooking
Storrmmee Storrmmee is offline

Default Need suggestion for no salt and extremely low salt recipes

and i think some of those fruit cups are shelf stable so might be an option
to have at his hotel, Lee
On May 20, 11:59 am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > In the past, we have done some adjustments to his food, such as adding
> > a can of veggies to some rice and an entree, and heating it up for
> > him. Or adding rice to soup. Stuff like that. We normally do not heat
> > non-deli food, but we make an exception for him.

> Are you planning to cook for him on a regular basis? You can't adjust
> Chinese takeout to be low-salt... it is what it is. Ditto corndogs, unless
> you plan to buy the sticks and hotdogs and make the batter with low or no
> salt yourself. Deep fried foods probably aren't a good idea either.

The corndogs and other things are out. I think we can manage some
sandwiches if an okay amount of salt is okay.

SO far, the chinese food we have made has been without sauce, so we
have avoided the salt that way. We can add some garlic and hot oil for
some flavor. Still working on better ideas. He likes fruit, if cut up
really small. They sell those little fruit cups in multipacks, so
those will work,.

He didn't come in today, so I am hoping he was just tired after
another appointment. That's what he said about last Monday as he
skipped that day too.