Posted to rec.food.cooking
Storrmmee Storrmmee is offline

Default Need suggestion for no salt and extremely low salt recipes

is he allowed a coffee mkaker? if so, he can heat some noodles/pasta in the
coffee pot, ramen comes to mind but even the noodles are a bit dicey
considering his issues, but a can of low salt broth or low salt tomato
sauce, over some orzo noodles will cook in a coffee maker with a decent
warmer... don't run broth thro maker just turn on warmer, pour in orzo, run
hot water over can in sink, after tem minutes put in broth and set on
burner... stirr occasionally and it will cook, time depends on noodles,
which is why orzo is often used when i travel.

Lee
On May 19, 3:15 am, Janet > wrote:
> In article <e2bdaaf6-f45e-431b-a3fc-
> >,
> says...

> Do you sell jars of babyfood or pkts of babyrice or cereals? They are
> usually saltfree and can be eaten by people with no teeth. He can also
> keep a stash safely in the motel room in case he doesn't feel well enough
> to go out to eat.

He can still eat most things that can be done in smaller bites. He can
eat a sandwich with sliced turkey meat. He has trouble with roast
beef, but I just chop it up so that it comes apart easily. He can eat
meatloaf sandwiches although now they will be off limits. He can eat
smaller pieces of chicken. I have suggested a knife for larger pieces,
but he refuses. He is eccentric and stubborn