Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba[_2_] Goomba[_2_] is offline

Default Need suggestion for no salt and extremely low salt recipes

wrote:

> I'm not trying to find already prepapred food in a deli with low salt.
> I work inthe deli department of a grocery store. He's a customer who
> comes in every day to get his dinner and lunch for the next day. I'm
> trying to find ways to get him something that will meet his new diet.
> I know it is tough. That is why I am asking. The guy has no way to
> cook unless he moves, and that is not likely to happen. He's very set
> in his ways.

I admire you for helping him this way.
I have seen packages of hard boiled eggs for sale in the dairy case.
That would give him some protein if sliced up onto some whole wheat
bread. What about those little foil packs of mayo? It could give him an
egg sandwich at little trouble. Can you isolate some of the deli cooked
potatoes and macaroni to doctor up before it gets "deli-fied"?
Fresh fruit if he can handle the chewing?

Do you think you can talk him into visiting the VA hospital and letting
a social worker assess his living situation and perhaps finding him an
assisted living facility that allows him to have his independence but
also provides a bit of help with meals and such?