Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] friesian@zoocrewphoto.com is offline

Default Need suggestion for no salt and extremely low salt recipes

On May 19, 4:30*pm, "cshenk" > wrote:
> wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > > He obviously has medical issues that you haven't a clue about. *You
> > > need to mind your own business, you're not his doctor, his
> > > dietician, his mother, or his priest... you're a deli clerk, you
> > > can't be dispensing medical advice to customers. *You can lose your
> > > job, be sued... your employer can be sued. *You'd best not serve
> > > anyone "special diets", if there's some adverse reaction and/or he
> > > dies due to your practicing medicine as a deli clerk you can be
> > > criminally charged, and should be.

> > So I should keep making him sandwiches with highly salted meat even
> > though he is asking me for low salt food?

> > How is that medical advice?

> > Do I **** you off more than most people?

> You can ignore Sheldon here. *You are only taking the medical advice of
> his Doctor and attempting to assist a good patron with following it.
> You haven't dispensed any medical advice. *The patron is purchasing the
> food he wants and you are fixing it. *If he asks for a little advice
> and you read a label for him, that is not medical advice.
>
> Nor is is adverse or otherwise bad to check the sodium levels on the
> deli meats for him and assist in selecting items that fit his needs.
> This is called 'customer service' and is why all of us patronize some
> deli's over others.

Exactly, Mostly, what I have done is checked labels, and I had the
cooked put together an entree without the seasonings so that it would
not have salt. I did find out today that it was too crunchy for him.
Normally, gets something out of the case that has sat there awhile, so
it is softer. I will have them make it earlier tomorrow and let it sit
in the hot case for awhile.

Today, we checked the little fruit cups which are mostly low in salt.
He picked apple sauce today. And we checked peanut butter. We found a
couple that were lower.