Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Janet Janet is offline

Default Great diabetic-friendly nibble

Ozgirl wrote:
> Sounds like what we call Telegraph cucumbers but I really prefer
> Lebanese cucumbers over any and I could see me using this recipe,
> right up my alley.

I love vitello tonato, although I haven't had it in years. Once, in a museum
restaurant in NYC I had a version of it made with a boneless chicken breast:
basically, IIRC, a nicely cooked cold chicken breast sliced on the diagonal
and napped with a pureed tuna sauce. A version of this recipe would work
VERY well for that dish. Served on a nice bed of greens...a glass or two of
chilled sauvignon blanc...definitely something I'll look forward to this
summer.