Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Why indeed

"Janet" > wrote in message
> In article >, says...
>>
>> That's true but a great many people like me, live in the suburbs. There
>> is
>> no way we could have a train system to the suburbs. Could you imagine
>> what
>> it would look like if we did?

> Just like suburban trains in Europe? Where they are still building new
> trainlines and tramways in and through urban areas.
>
> If you don't like them aboveground, or have no space, why not build
> them underground, or on an overhead rail.

Underground. Seriously? I guess you haven't heard about all the flooding
we've been having here because of all the excess rain we've been having. I
don't think underground would work very well at all. Especially under
people's farms, yards, etc.

Again... I am NOT talking about urban areas. I think the vast majority of
us in this country do not live in urban areas.