Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Help! Pizza Stone Burning Bottom of Pizza...

On Wed, 11 May 2011 14:25:33 -0500, Chemiker
> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 19:32:04 -0400, "contrapositive"
> > wrote:
>

> >"levelwave" > wrote in message
> >> Did you dust your stone with Corn Meal before placing the pizza on the
> >> it?...

> >No. Parchment paper only. Do I need the cornmeal too?
> >

> NO. But I prefer cornmeal, sprinkled on the stone late and also on the
> peel. COrnmeal on the stone early is likely to turn bitter, especially
> above 450 dF. PP is good, and I use it for breads, but watch your
> temperatures, for safety's sake.

I used to use cornmeal, then I switched to flour to see how that
worked. I couldn't find coarse ground cornmeal/polenta for a long
time, but I bought some and used it when I finally found it.
Conclusion: I prefer flour now.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.