Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Why indeed

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 11/05/2011 2:35 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>
> > Jeeps are different People driving Hummers are out to prove
> > something... what, I don't know. Maybe that they can run the rest of us
> > off the road.

> They are luxury SUVs. There is something inherently wrong with someone
> who spends a lot of money on a sport utilitiy vehicle that is too nice
> to be used off road. That goes for Hummers, Mercedes, BMW, Cadillac and
> other luxury SUVs. If they bodies and paint jobs are too good to take a
> chance on them getting pelted with gravel and brushed with branches,
> they have no business being SUVs.

I routinely take my $60k crew cab, dually, top-trim comfy pickup off
road, and not just off road, but even through heavy brush to get what I
need to do done. Yet I'm quite sure if someone of your ilk saw me in
that truck on my 6 mile round trip grocery run, you would be leaping to
idiotic conclusions that I was trying to make a statement, compensating
for something, etc. Here is a suggestion for you - worry about what
*you* are driving and whether it fits your needs, don't try to judge the
needs of people you don't know.