Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Why indeed

Krypsis wrote:

> On 12/05/2011 5:01 AM, blake murphy wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 May 2011 14:30:55 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> >> "Pete > wrote in message
> >> ster.com...

> >> Work crews, huh? The only people I ever see driving those tricked-out
> >> trucks aren't driving work crews around. Nope, always just a single driver.
> >>
> >> Jill

> > but the one time a year they need to ferry a work crew they are *ready*.
> >
> > your pal,
> > blake

> And it would then be cheaper to rent one for the occasion. It's what I
> do when I need the occasional utility vehicle. Must admit that most of
> my usual utility needs are adequately served by a simple 6 x 4 trailer.
> It also means I'm not dragging the weight of a truck when it isn't
> necessary.
>
> Krypsis

Most of my needs require a proper truck. I rent a small car (or fly) for
the small number of long, non-cargo trips I do.
If I were to do as you suggest and rent a truck, it would at least
double my operational costs, in addition to wasting literally weeks of
my time dealing with rental pickups, returns, delays, not having the
vehicle I need available, etc. If renting a truck or using a trailer
meet your needs, that's fine, but don't try to impose your limited needs
on others.