Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_3_] Nancy Young[_3_] is offline

Default Why indeed

Krypsis wrote:

> That's because your cities are built around the car. Might be time
> for a rethink on urban planning.

The US cities I'm familiar with all have extensive public transportation
systems. I can't speak for LA, haven't been there, it's very spread
out and I don't know what the situation is there. NYC, Boston,
Washington DC, Chicago, I've ridden public transportation in each
of them and they're fine and work great for the most part.

It gets murkier as you get out of the cities and I believe that's what
most of us are talking about when we say it's not feasible.

nancy