Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob[_5_] notbob[_5_] is offline

Default Why indeed

On 2011-05-11, sf > wrote:
> On Wed, 11 May 2011 10:24:59 -0500, "Pete C." >

>> I tried taking Amtrak once and only once. I will never consider taking
>> it ever again it is such a horribly overpriced, inefficient and
>> miserable excuse for transit.

Don't know where you traveled, or what line, but I take Amtrak all the
time. Slow? Yes. Overpriced? Depends. You get a room, yes, but
that includes 3 meals per day on overnighters. Non-meal coach? I can
bring my daughter and her two granddaughters out here on a 2000 mi
round trip for $175. You tell me what is cheaper, including a car.
More room to park yer ass than my living room. Relaxed. Conducive to
meeting new ppl. I've flown a plane once in 35 yrs. It was like
traveling in a body bag. Never again.

> Which is why it need to be improved.

Agreed. I've heard minor improvements. Can't beat the price with a
stick.