Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Why indeed

On Wed, 11 May 2011 14:42:31 -0500, "Pete C." >
wrote:

> I've used them both and they definitely exist and work fine for their
> limited role. I've also used the trains in Chicago and CA (both BART and
> CalTrain). All of this really goes back to my point that public transit
> already exists in the US to the extent that it is practical, and talk of
> dramatically expanding it is just pie in the sky dreaming with no
> practical basis.

Honestly, this is the first time I've thought of it in terms of a
commute. Usually the thought of putting rail travel back where it use
to be (dare I dream of something even better than it used to be?) is
when we talk about cross country train travel vs cross country
airplane travel. I'd love to see affordable first class interstate
and transcontinental rail travel become a reality in the near future.
I have the time and the inclination, but there is nothing that
compares to train travel of the '50s and before anymore that traverses
the USA.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.