Posted to rec.food.cooking
Storrmmee Storrmmee is offline

Default refried beans

no she didn't, i won't speak for her, but if i asked someone to bring baked
beans i would trust them enough to bring something that tasted good, and was
made with care... probably a family member who had a common definition of
what baked beans meant to the both of us, if it were a newer friend or
family members, i would either accept what they brought and trust it would
taste good, oor i would talk it over with them, maybe, do you have a recipe
for baked beans? and can you bring those... in my family friends this would
bring about a discussion as to type and seasonings, and how it would relate
to the rest of the menu... and in my family we all know who to ask for baked
beans... and who makes the best pecan pie and who makes the most acceptable
corn bread, and who uses the most coconut on the german chocolate cake... by
being so specific, my family would just say you make it and i will pay for
it, half the fun of a big family gathering is trying old favorites and new
things,

Lee

news