Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_7_] Ophelia[_7_] is offline

Default refried beans

"Giusi" > wrote in message

> "sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> No sweetener. I used olive oil, onions, garlic, smoked lardons, canned
>>> canellini beans (including the water in the can), fresh herbs: parsley,
>>> sage and lemon thyme and a good glug of white wine.

>> I wouldn't call those "baked" beans, even if you did cook them in the
>> oven. The term "Baked beans" in the USA connotes an addition of
>> molasses and neither way would be considered a candidate for refried
>> beans in my kitchen.

> But Ophelia is not in the USA, so maybe a "Boston" or "New England"
> belongs in front of your baked. Fagioli al forno means baked beans.

Indeed! Mine are certainly not baked... well they won't be when I need my
oven for bread, but it is the first introduction I had to beans, and it has
stuck

Thank you very much for getting me started! I love them so much, my
leftovers won't keep to use as 'sides'. I am just about to have a dish of
them for my lunch

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/