Posted to rec.food.cooking
Storrmmee Storrmmee is offline

Default refried beans

don't let all that talk about the dry beans spook you. i can't really
visualize your dh opening the kidneys and eating out of the bag like a
snack... but i often do as you do when we get onto some new dish we make it
a few times to get it where we want it... compare how we like it then stick
well sorta to that... its pretty easy here as the dh doesn't like hot at
all, and only food slightly seasoned and not at all spicey... neither of us
ever add black pepper to anything we cook so once we get the ingr/method
down its all good... I am excited for you trying a whole new area of foods.