Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_7_] Ophelia[_7_] is offline

Default refried beans

"cshenk" > wrote in message
>> Today I saw only black eyed peas, red kidney beans and lentils (dried)!

> Dry black eyes are a total treat! Lentils I am getting into as a new
> addition here but others may have better recipes for them.

We never did take to lentils so I doubt I will be cooking any. Actually
after all the comments here I might just stick to canned beans for a bit. I
intend to make another pot today, similar to the last. I do that when I am
experimenting until I am sure I have it right... althought the last pot was
very good)

>> Metric, shmetric.. I am still in pounds and ounces lol

> (grin!). I still think that way but I can convert pretty easy for most
> things.

It's no problem really My scale changes from one to the other at the
touch of a button

> Got it! I wouldn't like that one as much as the timer limits but it's
> definately nice in all other ways!
>
> It''s about the size of my 'junior crock'. I have 3, Momma (BIG oval,
> whole pork shoulder, whole bone in ham, 6lb chicken etc), Junior (4L like
> yours), and Baby (5cups). Junior is a good size for meals for 2 with
> leftovers. 'Baby' predates that size having more than 'plugged in or not'
> (heat is high when on) so is a bit limited in use but at times, she's just
> right.

I had a really big cuisineart

http://tinyurl.com/6c52vzg

But I recently gave it away. Far too big for the two of us.

>> I don't use it for everything though. I am happy cooking in my oven or
>> in my cast iron pan on the stove.

> Same here! I use the oven not that much though. I might go 3 months
> without using it, then use it twice in a week.

Well I make all our bread, so the oven is on quite a lot.

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/