Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily Tiger Lily is offline

Default Tonight's dinner.

On 4/29/2011 3:22 AM, atec77 wrote:
> On 29/04/2011 5:30 PM, Jack rose wrote:
>> I am a vegetarian so i am going to make some vegetables with boil rice
>> because i really like to eat it.Vegetables have so much benefits so that
>> is the reason of my eating.
>>

> Reduce the rice if able , speaking personally it spikes me quite badly

Basmati Rice has a different starch chain than the usual rice or the
'sticky rice' variations

this lowers the glycemic index significantly, ergo lowers the glycemic
load, making basmati rice the preferred choice for most people (yes,
moderation of the portion size is a key component of the glycemic load, too)

Wild Rice is actually a grass seed, and has the lowest glycemic index of
'em all