Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jerry Avins Jerry Avins is offline

Default Pecorino Romano vs Parmigiano Reggiano

On Apr 23, 1:45*am, Cheryl > wrote:

> Thanks for the link! No, I don't own one of those. I usually grate
> cheese over a container by hand. *It's hard to grate the block of PR
> that I get. *I grate small amounts for topping but to grate a 1/2 cup is
> a lot of work. And I have to cut off the rind.

Those look a lot like the Mouli that I've had for years. I don't use
it much any more. Nowadays I mostly use the Cuisinart. I recently
bought a fine grating disk. Before that, I used the fine shredder and
finished with the steel knife. The Quisinart leave the top eighth inch
or so ungrated. I arrange to have that be the rind and save it to put
in soup. I fish it out before serving, like bay leaves, but the flavor
is there.

Jerry
--
Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can
get.