Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Easter dinner?

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> when i could see i was off put byy any food that was blue except berries,
> but even drinks bothered me, i don't often buy potatoes anymore as dh
> would prefer psta and i eat many fewer than in years past, Lee

Blueberries give me nightmares. I don't know where my mom came up with this
idea but for a long period of time she would serve us blueberries straight
from the freezer in custard cups for dessert.

Although I am not a fruit lover, I do like most berries but not blueberries.
They are just sickly sweet to me and I can not tolerate them except perhaps
finely chopped and mixed with other berries in Jell-O which is what I did
when I was pregnant as a way to up my nutrition. The dietician said I had
to eat 5 servings of fruit every day or Angela would suffer. Well, I
didn't. Was lucky to get one serving per day and Angela came out just fine.

I also do not like frozen foods as served in the frozen state. Once in a
while if it is super hot and I am outside I might have a craving for a
frozen lemonade or a snow cone provided it isn't super sweet. But usually I
don't even like Popsicles and I never liked ice cream. Those frozen
blueberries were just torture and she insisted we eat them.

For some reason they really stained her teeth. They didn't seem to do that
to anyone else's, but they turned her teeth an awful shade. So she would
grin at me with those purple teeth and then insist we go for a walk. Often
it was a walk to the store where we would probably buy bubblegum. The
sugary kind. Both of my parents used to insist that it didn't cause
cavities. Oddly my cavities pretty much stopped when I put my foot down and
refused to chew gum with sugar in it. But I digress... I was always
mortified that we would run into someone we knew while my mom had the purple
teeth. And I could never get her to brush them before we left.