Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheryl[_3_] Cheryl[_3_] is offline

Default Pecorino Romano vs Parmigiano Reggiano

On 4/23/2011 1:22 AM, Omelet wrote:

> I don't know the answer to your question as I've never tried Pecorino
> Romano, but don't you own a rotary grater for hard cheeses? They are
> inexpensive and make grating hard cheese a LOT simpler task. This is
> just for future reference of course.:-) I'm sure someone else can
> answer this right.
>
> In the meantime:<http://tinyurl.com/5wmjmjj>
>
> I love the one I have and some come with different grating drums for
> coarser or finer grating. Makes the chore faster and easier.

Thanks for the link! No, I don't own one of those. I usually grate
cheese over a container by hand. It's hard to grate the block of PR
that I get. I grate small amounts for topping but to grate a 1/2 cup is
a lot of work. And I have to cut off the rind.