Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default Butter on green beans?

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
news
> On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 10:39:13 -0600, Tiger Lily > wrote:

>>> I explained that to her.
>>>
>>> She allows Angela to tell her how to cook and what to put in it. It's
>>> her child, her deal. She can do what she wants.
>>>
>>> Evelyn

>>lol
>>
>>teenlet doesn't even know when a splash of sherry goes into the stroganoff
>>
>>i do it for the flavour, and he likes it, and now that he's older, he's
>>more willing to 'experiment' with different foods KNOWINGLY this time
>>round
>>
>>tee hee
>>
>>kate

> When I had my kids at home (they are all grown up now) I would make
> stuff, put it on the table, and never discuss each and every
> ingredient with them for approval or disapproval. They either ate it
> or they didn't. If they didn't like it, I didn't make it again, or
> else made some other contingency plan when I did.
>
> I never felt it was right to force them, or to make a big deal out of
> it either. The less of a big deal about it, the more open minded
> they were. Fortunately they all eat everything now that they are
> adults, with the exception of my daughter who has always hated
> mushrooms.
>
> Anyone is entitled to an honest dislike or two. As for me, I
> absolutely cannot stand little green lima beans. I dislike them
> intensely. The big limagrands, the dried ones that make a wonderful
> soup are different. Those I enjoy.

With me, it's really two things...beets and any kind of sweet potato.
And...my kids either ate things or they didn't, but I never discussed
dinner choices with them until they became older, and then mostly on special
occasions. There was always a PBJ sandwich and a glass of milk to be made if
they hated what I made.

Cheri