Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default Butter on green beans?

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 10:39:13 -0600, Tiger Lily > wrote:

>On 4/16/2011 5:31 AM, Evelyn wrote:

>>> Julie, you know when you cook with alcohol, you ONLY get the flavour?
>>> the alcohol 'burns off' in the simmering?

>> I explained that to her.
>>
>> She allows Angela to tell her how to cook and what to put in it. It's
>> her child, her deal. She can do what she wants.
>>
>> Evelyn

>lol
>
>teenlet doesn't even know when a splash of sherry goes into the stroganoff
>
>i do it for the flavour, and he likes it, and now that he's older, he's
>more willing to 'experiment' with different foods KNOWINGLY this time round
>
>tee hee
>
>kate

When I had my kids at home (they are all grown up now) I would make
stuff, put it on the table, and never discuss each and every
ingredient with them for approval or disapproval. They either ate it
or they didn't. If they didn't like it, I didn't make it again, or
else made some other contingency plan when I did.

I never felt it was right to force them, or to make a big deal out of
it either. The less of a big deal about it, the more open minded
they were. Fortunately they all eat everything now that they are
adults, with the exception of my daughter who has always hated
mushrooms.

Anyone is entitled to an honest dislike or two. As for me, I
absolutely cannot stand little green lima beans. I dislike them
intensely. The big limagrands, the dried ones that make a wonderful
soup are different. Those I enjoy.

For the most part I eat everything... and that JUST may be my worst
problem :-)