Tea

Default New Tea Shop in NYC

The other day I was walking through the East Village and came across a new
tea shop. It's called Sympathy for the Teapot, and it's on 8th Street,
between 1st Ave. and Avenue A. I've since been back there twice.

The Queen Catherine was very good hot, as was the Darjeeling second flush.
Today I had the Jasmine Pearl tea on ice. It was served with dried rosebuds
sprinkled on top.

The shop also sells teapots, loose teas by the ounce, and simple desserts
from the Black Hound. The atmosphere is pleasant, and there are a few games
and books to entertain people. There's usually something acoustic on the
stereo- today 'The White Album Unplugged' was on. It was definitely a place
to sit for a few moments and relax.

--
Zen Story of the Day: Wanting God

A hermit was meditating by a river when a young man interrupted him.
"Master, I wish to become your disciple," said the man. "Why?" replied the
hermit. The young man thought for a moment. "Because I want to find God."

The master jumped up, grabbed him by the scruff of his neck, dragged him
into the river, and plunged his head under water. After holding him there
for a minute, with him kicking and struggling to free himself, the master
finally pulled him up out of the river. The young man coughed up water and
gasped to get his breath.

When he eventually quieted down, the master spoke. "Tell me, what did you
want most of all when you were under water."

"Air!" answered the man.

"Very well," said the master. "Go home and come back to me when you want God
as much as you just wanted air."