Rich Hudson

Default mellowmonk.com (WAS: Loose Tea vs. Tea bags)

> Out of curiosity, what's mellowmonk.com's tea like? What's the service
> like?
> The fact that they devote a site to selling only one tea makes me
> interested (& a little leery): I don't know what to make of this
> vendor.
> Anyone with experience with 'em?

I'm happy enough with their service. Last time I ordered, I ordered on
a Sunday, so the tea didn't ship until the next day (which may be good
compared to a lot of websites). I did get confirmation emails right
away. Once the tea shipped I got it in a day (I'm in the S.F. Bay
Area, like they are, however).

It's definitely a small operation. I hadn't heard of them until
recently, so if they're new, they probably don't have the cash to
expand into other offerings. (I ran my own business for a while and I
know how tight money can be in the beginning.) Still, I like that they
buy from family tea farms (plantations?) and they even give the names
and photos of their growers, which I don't think anyone else does.

As for the tea, I drink a couple pots of it a day (every day), so I
want a tea that (1) I won't get tired of drinking and (2) I can afford
to drink that much of, and mellowmonk.com fits the bill on both
counts.

Just my $0.02,

Rich