Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default I have something new to deal with

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 22:47:47 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
> wrote:

> I would give up on the baking substitute for wheat. Corn tortillas in my
> book would be the choice for bread substitute. Forget about the baking and
> just focus on cooking.

Agreed. Most "gluten free" look alikes look just awful... like the
gluten free donuts or bagels - I forget what it was but it was a
gloppy mess to look at.

> Corn pasta taste better than wheat pasta. Corn will
> become the main grain with rice a close second. Mexican and Asian cuisine
> will be your foundations to a gluten free diet.

I spotted quinoa based pasta the other day and told son about it.
Turned out he already knew about the product and thinks it tastes
better than wheat. So look for that if you haven't seen it already.