Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I have something new to deal with

"Doug Freyburger" > wrote in message
> Nan wrote:
>>
>> I did well on Atkins and let my dr talk me out of it, and I gained
>> 45#.

> My doctor worried about me being on Atkins. I asked him what he thought
> it entailed. When he told me I said he should actually read the book
> and get back to me when he knew what he was talking about. He just
> nodded. Maybe he had read the book and was worried that I was doing it
> like I had read some magazine article. Lot's of people do all sorts of
> crazy things and think they can call it Atkins. Nope. Atkins is
> something specific from a set of books. It has directions to be
> followed.
>
> When I started Atkins I followed the directions to the letter. On
> schedule every week of every phase. I lost 40 pounds in six months.
> Then I figured I could do it on my own. I lost 0 pounds in six months.
> Amazing how that worked. ;^)

I can't tell you how many people think Atkins means eating unlimited eggs,
butter, cheese and meat. My husband bought the book because he wanted to do
it. He didn't read the book. I did. Or I started to. I realized he would
never make it out of the induction phase. When he diets, he always turns to
fruit. Eats obscene amounts of it. There was also not anything unlimited
about the diet. There were set amounts that you couldn't go over.