Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou decruss Lou decruss is offline

Default Dinner 4-4-2011

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 21:08:29 -0700, Ranee at Arabian Knits
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Lou Decruss > wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 16:47:54 -0700, Ranee at Arabian Knits
>> > wrote:

>> > Exactly! Rich sometimes points out to the children about how much a
>> >particular meal we eat would cost if it were at a restaurant using
>> >comparable ingredients.

>> The kids may not get it now but they will. Good job on laying the
>> groundwork for future smart adults. Hopefully they'll be foodies!

> I think they are well on their way. Our oldest two can cook enough
>to make every meal of the day, if necessary. Our oldest son enjoys
>experimenting with recipes and food ideas. All of them know quite a bit
>more about food than we did at their ages.

I knew little about cooking until I was in my 30's. My son could care
less. The girls are Louise's and neither had any interest until they
moved out and had to feed themselves. It's funny to see them post
foodie stuff on facebook. She was cute as hell when she threw her
first family dinner party. She did much better than I could have done
at 26. We've downsized drastically here and she's had first crack at
the extra kitchen stuff we had and is happy as hell to have it.

Lou