Julia Altshuler

Default Cooking Squash in the oven

Oh yes, this is the way I cook winter squashes all the time. I bake it
at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. The time and temperature are
highly variable. You can bake it hotter or cooler, and it will still
come out fine. Squashes vary so much in size and density that there's
no sensible way to say how long they should be baked for. I set the
timer for 40 minutes, poke a fork into it, and if I get any resistance
at all, keep baking it longer. The idea is to bake it until it is soft,
then bake it a little longer to make sure it is really sweet.

--Lia