Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default great recipe

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message

>>> Never met a pancake I didn't like, but really don't have them often,
>>> even the flaxmeal because I do tend to over eat them.

>> lol me neither. When I was a kid mum used to make them and sprinkle them
>> with lemon juice and sugar while hot, damn they were good. We would eat
>> them all before the next lot were cooked

> My uncle lived with us, and he always made these little pancakes for us
> that he would fry up in bacon grease until the edges were crispy, put
> butter on them and sprinkle the sugar on. Damn, those were good. The lemon
> juice and sugar sounds really good too. I really hate the I-HOP
> commercials on TV, because some of those sound so good. I haven't been to
> I-HOP for years and years.

I used to make the for my brother by spelling out letters with the batter,
letting them brown then pouring little pancakes over them. I would spell
stuff out on his plate. Or I would drop them down in the shapes of animals.
I think I was more impressed than he was.

I finally learned if I was going to eat at IHOP to order something besides
pancakes.