Dee Randall

Default Profiteroles...pate a choix...

You don't have to swear at me <grin> I spelled it incorrectly in the first
place, so I guess it's OK.
"profiterole" is the correct spelling.

I don't know anything about making them, so I wanted to see it myself, but
the Julia Child demonstrator,
"Nick Love" did not demonstrate the profiterole even tho the Guide says
that . He demonstrated pate a choux, but no profiterole ==
Definition: noun [usually plural]
a small pastry cake with a cream filling and a covering of chocolate sauce,
usually served in a pile.

These wicked little devils are an annoyance of mine: in Italy years ago, as
we sat down at a restaurant, they were moving the dessert cart around which
contained profiteroles. I wanted to order them as I had never seen them
before and they looked so delicious. My husband thinks that we must go by
the book and order dessert when the time comes, but I KNEW these wouldn't
last until my dessert time rolled around. They were gone when dessert time
rolled around.

I never see the word, that I don't think of this little experience. I
have eaten a few since here and there, but of course they never measure up
to what I have dreamed up in my mind that I missed that day.

I hope you run up against one some day.
Happy eating!
Dee

. ..