Derek

Default The Puerh Rosetta Page

While intrepidly exploring rec.food.drink.tea, Space Cowboy rolled
initiative and posted the following:

> It just struck me the Ad Hominem accusation is being used as a
> grammar or spell check flame because anyone can use syntactic
> isolation to attach "U talkin bout me". So back to my
> generalizations you'll never find the MTV generation in
> copyright court. It'll become an obsolete institution when us
> old fogies with inspiration and imagination pass on. Since my
> web browser treats any urls in the ng as a source of the virus
> "plagiaristic copyrightus" does anyone have any other copyright
> violations to report from the indigenous urls bantered about so
> freely. You'll recognize them because they'll be lifted
> verbatim from posts not found anywhere else under the guise of
> public domain but nothing more than absconding by the lazy to
> come up with something different.

It's not "syntactic isolation". You were specifically suggesting that
I support plagiarism and justifying it because of my generation. So
not only do you use Ad Hominem while denying it, but you apparently
have a fondness for Red Herrings as well.

And apparently you'd rather live in selective ignorance than actually
see that I was citing information with reference, not plagiarizing.
You do not even address the fact that copyright cannot be extended to
ideas, or factual information. You just state that you ignored the
URLs, and thus ignore the information that contradicts your opinion.

Sorry, Jim. But ignorance of the law doesn't excuse you from your
continued erroneous and confrontational behavior. And being
dismissive doesn't make you right. It just makes you look like a
troll.

As for inspiration and imagination, prove to us that you've got it
and maybe we'll agree with you. Taking a common practice, applying a
common phrase to it and claiming copyright and originality isn't it.
The only thing you get credit for is being the first to mention it
here.

"Copyright is restricted to the expression in a fixed manner (text,
recording, drawing) of an idea; it does not extend to the idea
itself."
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office

"Facts, ideas and news are all considered part of the public domain,
that is, they are everyone's property."
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office

--
Derek

"Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of sXXXch, or the
right of the people peaceably to XXXemble, and to peXXXion the
government for a redress of grievances."
--but your ISP might.