Posted to rec.food.cooking
Landon Landon is offline

Default What do you consider the best recipe software for Windows?

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 09:47:43 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 17:42:00 -0400, Landon > wrote:
>
>> My recipe PC will be in the kitchen where I'll use it. I've cleared a
>> space for it under the counter and my handy-man will be making the
>> holes necessary for the wires to the monitor, mouse and keyboard.
>>
>> I'll have that PC networked into my main PC in the office where I can
>> work on net downloads and MC entry and then view the results in the
>> kitchen.

>I wouldn't set up a tower and monitor in the kitchen. My opinion is
>laptops are perfect for that environment. I don't fry, but it seems
>like the kitchen collects greasy dust anyway and IMO a laptop is
>easier to keep clean.

The tower will be under the counter. I'll have a 19" flat panel
monitor extending down from it's mount under the cabinet and the
wireless mouse and keyboard under it. I was going to run wires to the
mouse and keyboard, but the wireless ones work very well now.

With 30 feet of counter space, they won't be in the way.

I can't stand laptops. The keyboards make me nuts, the scrolling pad
and tiny joystick make me nuts and the screen size is too small on the
less expensive ones. Ha! No laptops in my life. For "away" PC use, I
have my Droid. It does everything I need away from my home office.