Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What do you consider the best recipe software for Windows?

On 3/21/2011 11:03 AM, Landon wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 21:15:56 -0500, Janet Wilder
> > wrote:
>
>> There is a Yahoo! Group for people to share their mastercook formatted
>> recipes in. I belonged for a little while, but never found anything
>> interesting and the moderation was way-heavy.

> I just joined the Yahoo MC discussion group you mentioned earlier. I
> saw the recipe group also, but I'll wait until I'm more familiar with
> MC before getting into that.

you have to prove to the that you can format the recipes the way they
want them. Then they require so many recipes a time period, I forgot how
long. It's highly moderated and I never did find anything worthwhile
there, so I left.

The discussion group is critical to owning the program. A couple of
months ago a Windows XP SP3 patch knocked out a string needed for the
program to operate properly. One of the Pams (there are 2 gals named
Pam) provided a fix and now it's working fine.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas