Posted to rec.food.cooking
Landon Landon is offline

Default What do you consider the best recipe software for Windows?

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 15:36:07 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>I remember before the Internet fully flowered, I was on CompuServe at
>300 baud. 30 cps (circa 1985).

That was also my first modem speed. The old Bell 300 was and probably
is still the most reliable data transferring device via modem. It's
error checking was superb and you could count on it picking up at its
last place on recurring downloads.

We all bought the 2400, 4800, 9600, then 14.400 and 28.800 to 33.600
Baud to the current 56K modems and then onto the high speed stuff that
exists today.

My very first GUI's were done on a 9600. GUIs didn't exist yet, but I
made tiny ones to do tasks for fun. If I'd only known...