Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.brewing,rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_7_] Ophelia[_7_] is offline

Default Taking some wine to friends house.

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
> On Mar 19, 11:14 am, "john brooks" > wrote:
>> Going to some friends for luch tomorrow. Today i bought a bottle of red
>> wine
>> from Chile to take with us..
>>
>> I would like it to be at its best so thought i would 'decant' it before
>> taking it there. I will. pour it into a jug and then pour it back in the
>> bottle.
>>
>> Should i do that today or wait until tomorrow. In other words how long
>> before the event to decant it? Thanks.

> Just take a chance and hand it to em. If they see that you've opened
> it etc, they might wonder why. Better to risk a dud than look like
> you had a snort before re-bottling.

We alway take wine when visiting friends to eat and we have never opened a
bottle before giving it!

They may, depending on the food they have prepared, have provided their own
wine to compliment it and the gift can be kept for another time.

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/