Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Instant coffee?

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:53:51 -0500, "Polly Esther"
> wrote:

>There are some cookie recipes I want to try that call for instant coffee
>granules. The last time I tried to drink instant coffee was in New Orleans
>about 50 years ago. I suspect they boiled shrimp in the water they used to
>make the coffee. Mercy!
> Do any of you use instant coffee granules in your cooking and is one
>brand better than another? The resident cookie monsters would probably
>enjoy cookies made with old army boot but I'd really like to hit it with my
>best shot. Polly

I have no problem using instant coffee for flavoring in baking. I
view it much the same as using dried herbs or granulated garlic for
cooking. It isn't the same but it imparts the flavor. I use Taster's
Choice. I would never use instant coffee to drink. I haven't tried
it in a long, long time, but I remember the nastiness.
Janet

FoodBanter.com Database Error
Database Error Database error
The FoodBanter.com database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.foodbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.foodbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.